Board of Directors
Vice-President: Cheryl Atwater
Treasurer: Lee Atwater
- Jennifer Martin (Odyssey BC Association Director)
- Lisa Nykoluk
- Cheryl Dyck
- Vivian Newstead
- Jennifer Timer
- Charles Wong
The Creative Problem Solving Society (CPSS) is a non-profit society incorporated in British Columbia in 1998.
The purposes of the society are:
- to provide opportunities for creative individuals to foster their own innate abilities
- to promote and facilitate appropriate programs that provide opportunities for the development of creative problem solving skills, and
- to provide leadership and facilitate interchange and dialogue with persons and organizations working in the field of education for the promotion of creative problem solving skills and abilities.
To date, CPSS has organized and/or financially supported the following:
- “Our Kids Conferences: Connecting the Gifted Community", headlined by keynote speakers James Delisle (twice), Karen Rogers, Lannie Kanevsky, Shelagh Gallagher (twice), Marcia Imbeau (twice), Joanne Foster, Judy Willis, Tamera Fisher, Stephanie Tolan and Ian Byrd. In addition to presentations on understanding the intellectual, social and emotional aspects of giftedness, these conferences offer the opportunity of stakeholder groups - parents, teachers, universities - the opportunity to make connections that might strengthen support for creatively gifted individuals.
- CPSS supports student-organized conference and provincial championship Odyssey of the Mind teams towards their trip to the World Finals
- 2005 marked the first year of the CPSS Summer Camp "Jabber Wacky" which has now expanded to three and then six locations in the summer of 2012. We were pleased that through our BC Gaming grant, we were able to offer “hardship” grants to students who might not otherwise have been able to attend. In addition, several day camps have been offered throughout the school year.
- Since 1999, CPSS has sponsored and organized the Odyssey of the Mind Program and Tournaments in British Columbia.
- CPSS works in partnership with the non-profit "Ontario Creative Problem Solvers" in promoting Odyssey of the Mind in Canada.
- CPSS also works in partnership other community groups such as Science World, SD43 (Coquitlam), APEGBC (Vancouver and Tri-Cities Branches), The Association of Educators of Gifted, Talented and Creative Children in BC, the Evergreen Cultural Centre and the Vancouver Public Library to bring creative problem solving events to the youth of BC.
On the Spot
Creativity in motion. The Creative Problem Solving Society will come to your school! We will bring creative thinking to you! You supply the brains. We’ll supply the problems.
United Way Donations
Did you know you are able to direct all, or a portion of your United Way contribution to Creative Problem Solving Society?
For board members
Become a CPSS Member
Creative Problem Solving Society (CPSS), which is a 100% Canadian non-profit and registered charity, proudly sponsors the Odyssey of the Mind program and numerous other Creative Problem Solving events in British Columbia. Please take out a membership (cost is $5) to show your support for our programs.