Next time your team practices – get out the video camera and tape them. Then have them watch. The next step is for them to become a Critic. (Be careful with this – the kids need to critique themselves- please don’t jump in with your ‘helpful’ ideas!)
I found a checklist for Critiquing a Play on-line and pared it down to a checklist that your team members might want to use.
Theme of the play (main subject matter or message of the play) -----------------
- Rising action
- Is it expressed in the scenery, lighting, costuming, sound effects, music (EX: gloomy, cheery, cold, surreal, simplistic, realistic, etc)?
- Were the actors convincing in their roles?
- Did all characters work together to create ensemble or did some detract by not doing what they should?
- How did voice/movement impact on believability?
- Did the actors underplay or overplay their parts?
- Could everything be seen properly?
- Could everything be heard properly?
- Were any aspects of the production confusing?